Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 48: I saw her standing there

click photo for larger version



The cover of The Beatles debut American album Meet The Beatles has one of the most iconic photos of the fab four. Today's photo is my attempt to copy the technique. I simply used an off-camera flash with no modifier mounted on a light stand to the left and slightly behind the subject. The room was not dark nor was it brightly lit. But by using a high shutter speed, half her face and the background were rendered dark.



Camera info: 85mm lens. 1/200 sec at f/13. ISO 100

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Great duplication of the original image ... but I'm glad Jenna's ears aren't as big as theirs are. :)

OfiPlus said...

Woderful portrait! I like it very much!