Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 51: SUN flowers

click photo for larger version

After starting to think that I might need to call my insurance agent to add flood insurance to our policy, we finally got a bit of sun on Saturday. I was actually on my way to capture some mushrooms that had invaded a neighborhood lawn when I happened to see the setting sun lighting up this patch of wild sunflowers. It was as cheery as the sun itself.

Camera info: 35mm lens. 1/1000 sec at f/1.8. ISO 100.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I wasn't sure what that yellow thing in the sky actually was, it had been so long since any of us had seen it. :)

Love the sunflower photo .... like the vignette appearance, as well. Really makes the yellow in the middle pop ....

skevbo said...

that's a great shot... you had some great timing.