Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 60: A long way to Tulsa

click photo for larger version


Monday's are hard to fit anything into my schedule...like taking a photo. Anyway, I taught class tonight in Del City and on my way home I left the interstate for a quick tour of Bricktown. I've always loved the building Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse resides in and decided to do a long-exposure to capture some car light trails. The only problem is that at 10:00 on a Monday night, there isn't much traffic and so I had to wait around for a few cars to actually pass by.

While I was waiting, I got to have a nice conversation with a homeless gentleman whose 95 year-old father passed away this morning up in Tulsa. Apparently he chose to grieve by tossing a few back as he was quite lit by the time he made it to me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this photo. It cost me $20 for a bus ticket to Tulsa...or perhaps more grieving if he didn't actually make it to the bus station. God bless his soul.

Camera info: Tripod mounted camera. 24-70mm lens at 34mm. 3.2 seconds at f/10. ISO 100.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh, that makes me sad. But on a photographic note, I love the zoom of the car lights going by!

Alisa said...

You have a very giving heart.
I too love the lights, and it makes me chuckle thinking of you just hanging out waiting for some cars.