Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 78: Magic

click photo for larger version

We spent a wonderful evening with our friends the Spears. Today's subject is their youngest, Tucker. At the moment of this shot, Tucker was performing a magic trick in which he made a pack of candy disappear. But I think the real magic of this moment was that of a child in the act of discovery. Wouldn't it be great if we adults could approach the world around us with an understanding that there's more to be discovered than is already known.

Camera info: 35mm lens. 1/40 sec at f/1.8. ISO 800. Available light.

2 comments:

Territory Mom said...

Another photo I love. Today, I'm going to try to be more childlike. Thanks for reminding me.

Alisa said...

I will skip the candy and just eat him.
I love watching him discover things- and I am sure now the word "abracadabra" will be sneaking into his conversations.
Thanks for the fun night and the photo!