Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 95: Fall Faces

click photo for larger version

I suspect that there are many more scarecrows in the U.S. created for decorative purposes than there are ones fashioned to actually scare away crows. If you are really, really, really bored, here's a link where you can read about the efficacy of scarecrows. If you happen to be one of my students, you can earn 10 extra credit points by turning in a one-page critique of the study's data analysis. If your not one of my students, you can earn a place in the dweeb hall of fame by doing the same.

Camera info: 70-200mm lens at 150mm. 1/200 sec at f/3.2. ISO 100.

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

if you are really, really bored. you make me laugh!

Alisa said...

I have a great children's book recommendation to go along with your photo-
The Scarecrows Dance.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Scarecrows-Dance/Jane-Yolen/e/9781416937708

I love the colors in your photos!