Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 6: I stole somebody's soul today

This is Eugene - A citizen of Oklahoma City


I stole somebody's soul today

It shouldn't matter, but it does.
Fortune shown unexpectedly after all.
Strangers before and after remain.
Thirst quenched at no cost to me.
It shouldn't matter, but it does.

In my mind all day he'll be.
Not as a friend, not as anything.
Can we be? without a soul?
Is something alive beyond its breathing?
Tomorrow I'll probably not care.

I felt the strings of the cosmos move.
Surely you felt it as well.
No. You didn't. Or maybe you did.
Maybe I'm just that numb.
It shouldn't matter, but it does.

And tomorrow I'll probably not care.

3 comments:

Territory Mom said...

Great photo, immediately I'm drawn to Eugene's eyes.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Gosh, this is really coming together nicely, Jim. I'm loving the coupling of creative text with the photos.

Jim Smith said...

Thanks Jen. I didn't set out with that in mind, but I'm kinda just doing what feels right as I post each day.