Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 38: The fruits of her labor

click photo for larger version


Happy Labor Day! Hopefully you have as exciting plans as we do for the day. We're having six 12-year old girls at our house...all day!!!! Jenna is turning 12 tomorrow and so she's hosting her birthday party today.

Today's photo consists of the fruits of Jenna's labor in preparing for her party. For some reason, Jenna doesn't like cake. So cookies became her dessert of choice for today's festivities. She and her mother decided that they should start this project at 10pm and they finished around 1am. Anyway, the cookies taste as good as they look.

Camera info: I used a 50mm lens with the camera mounted on a tripod. I learned recently that food looks best when lit from behind. I actually had my off-camera flash set up behind and to the left of the cookies. I set up a reflector directly opposite the flash to provide some fill and reduce the harshness of the shadows. 1/200 sec, f/11, ISO 800.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

OK, you're on day 38 and I just now noticed the nice framing you are doing with each picture. I think that's a testatment to the photography ..... its so good that the frames are secondary. Nice, but secondary. :)

Alisa said...

Um yum! I hope there are some left tonight when I come!