Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 63: New old friends


click photo for larger version


I had dinner with Darren and Shelley this evening. Darren lives in Maine and Shelley lives about 3 miles from me. As we talked we came to realize that I had not seen either of them in 26 years. I truly hope it's not so long before we see each other again. I know for many of those years I probably wouldn't have had the nerve to meet up with them. I'm continually amazed at how my insecurities kept me from experiencing all the friendships available all around me. Perhaps that's one of the gifts of getting older....we start to realize that life is too short to not experience more of it.

I was thrilled that these two would let me photograph them for my blog. I had intended to do an outdoor shot, but the wind made it impossible. Instead we did this in our family room with off-camera lighting.

Camera info: 85mm lens. 1/200 sec at f/2.0. ISO 100.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Really? Your family room? Because the background is so cool I would have guessed Bricktown or something. But you're right ... the wind last night was rough.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

me love bokeh.

you knew that.