Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 85: Country roads

click photo for larger version

On my way home this evening, I went a bit off the beaten path hoping to find some more evidence of this glorious Fall we are having. Somewhere between OKC, Piedmont and Yukon I found this scene. I think it reminded me that Fall is quickly followed by Winter. And while I'm no meteorologist, something tells me this one is going to be harsh. Maybe it's time to buy a few more sweatshirts.

Camera info: 24-70mm lens at 70mm. 1/250 sec at f/8.0. ISO 100. Numerous Photoshop filters applied.

4 comments:

Territory Mom said...

That is a perfect photo. I love it.

Kristie said...

Beautiful -- great photo.

Lori told me you came by the stadium the other night .... I never even saw you! I'm sorry, I must have been distracted trying to corral all those boys. :) I sincerely appreciate all your advice .... while I would have loved a little sunshine or warmer weather, I am pleased to report the pictures are NOT the worst on the planet. You are definitely to help thank for that. :)

Alisa said...

I think I would like to go visit that barn. Until my kids all started itching, and coughing, and wheezing. Your photos make me forget all that.

I am finally paying attention to what you have your ISO setting on, and what I should be setting mine for- when I am inside or outside. I took some photos on Friday in the gym, and for the first time EVER in our history of taking photos at the school- you can actually see who I was taking a picture of!

Adjective Queen said...

Farmer's almanac is predicting a very cold winter, so I think your premonitions are correct!