Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 86: Youth not wasted

click photo for larger version

High School Seniors are my favorites to photograph. There is something about this time in a person's life that just sparkles with possiblity, vitality, attitude....life. Today I was honored with photographing a young lady from my church, Lacie Gassett. I have to tell you, despite having photographed many, many seniors, this was the most intimidating. You see, Lacie is herself an incredible photographer. And being asked to photograph a photographer is....well, it's scary. Just ask my wife who had to try and calm my nerves as I was getting ready this afternoon.

Lacie, thanks for letting me capture this time in your life. You have an amazing future and I can't wait to see what develops.

Camera info: 70-200mm lens at 195mm. 1/40 sec at f/4.0. ISO 100. Here's another from our shoot.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh, geez, if someone as talented as YOU gets nervous, what hope is there for the rest of us beginners??? :)

The photo(s) of Lacie are great ... I'm sure the entire session was wonderful. You certainly had a lovely day for it yesterday!

Adjective Queen said...

Love how the flowers are rushing around her, like they are bees and she is the nectar.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Great job and I know she was so excited to be a part of your creative photography