Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 89: just a coincidence???

click photo for larger version

When you arrive at Carey Place you'll find one of the most charming little streets in all of Oklahoma City. Each cottage is unique and yet fitting with its neighbor. It's a place on first notice that evokes peace and tranquility. Gentle vines cover stucco facades. Large trees shade the multi-story abodes. Arched alcoves seem to welcome visitors to closed-in courtyards. But from the midst of all the signs saying you are indeed welcome, you begin to notice that something isn't quite right about Carey Place.

Today's photo reveals a bit of the enticing magic of this street. Do you care to venture on?

Now if you do want to visit Carey Place this Halloween you might want to go to Google maps to plot your course. I did just that thing this morning and when I pulled up the map on my computer I almost dropped my coffee cup in my lap. You see the tiny little street that is Carey Place makes a perfect upside down cross. Just a coincidence???

Camera info: 70-200mm lens at 148mm. 1/800 sec at f/3.2. ISO 100.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Are you KIDDING ME with that creepy music??? I about had an axiety attack, and it's not even 6am!!! (mainly I'm joking .... mainly) (PS, you DID put creepy music on your site, right? Because if not, it came through my speakers anyway, and how "carey place" would THAT be?!?)

Anonymous said...

Great Pic !! I wait with anticipation for the next ! I so remember the stories about Carey place when I was in highschool, we looked for it a few times but never found it. Might try to this year ....Kristie ? Wanna ? lololol
Remember the Zoodie house ? the Red eyes ? lol

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

i have been following the story of carey place for more than 20 years, and i have never heard that or seen it until now. that is really wild. carey place scared the bejeebers out of me in college!!!