Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 101: Tried and True

click photo for larger version

Well this has been a great week for taking photos outdoors and today I got to take some family photos for Rick & Susan Martin, some of my favorite people in the world. Yesterday I posted on Facebook that I was thankful for new friends and today I posted I was thankful for old friends. Tomorrow, I'll be posting that I'm thankful for tried and true friends. At the top of that list are Rick & Susan.

Tried and true friends are those who you can be most like yourself around. They are friends who know you at your best and your worst and yet love you anyway. These are friends who are never too tired or too busy to help you when you need it most and who are the first ones there to comfort you in bad times or celebrate with you in the good. For over thirty years now this is what the Martins have been to me.

Camera info: 70-200mm lens at 80mm. 1/40 sec at f/4.0. ISO 100. A tricky part about this shoot was the fact that the subjects were wearing mostly black clothing. The camera's metering sees a dark scene because of the black and will tend to overexpose the image. The whole time I was shooting I was adjusting the Exposure Compensation and for this shot I dialed it down a full stop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice,looks like one to hang over the mantel

Alisa said...

Hmm doesn't look so much like the wind was blowing that day!
Thanks for explaining about the black shirts. When I get technical enough to understand it I will remember to come back here and re-read your instructions!